ULLL 2016 Fall Ball Rules - Tee Ball Division
LOCAL PLAYING RULES
ULLL Local Rules for Tee Ball Division (Updated: 6 April 2016):
- Each game will consist of three (3) complete innings.
- No new inning may start after one (1) hour has elapsed from the start of the game.
- No outs or runs will be recorded. (No scorebooks used)
- The complete roster will be the batting order. Each team will bat through its complete roster each ½ inning regardless of the numbers of players on each roster.
- Ten (10) players may take the field for defensive purposes. Players should not play the same defensive position for more than one (1) inning.
- No player will sit out for more than one (1) inning.
- Two (2) defensive coaches are allowed on the field to instruct only.
- Coaches will instruct the defensive players to make appropriate plays. There will be no advancement on overthrows or inappropriate plays.
- The player has four (4) swings to hit a fair ball.
- If the bat makes any contact with the ball, it is a hit but the ball must go out of the batter’s box into fair territory.
- A dead ball occurs when the tee is hit by the bat.
- The umpire (parent helper) is responsible for the placing the ball on the tee, adjusting the tee and removing the tee once the ball is hit.
- All catchers must wear full catches gear.
- The home team furnishes the tee.
- The pitcher stands on the pitcher’s plate until the ball is hit.