ULLL 2016 Spring Rules – AAA
VI – PITCHERS
(a) Any player on a regular season team may pitch. Exception: Any player, who has played the position of catcher in four (4) or more innings in a game, is not eligible to pitch on that calendar day.
(b) A pitcher once removed from the mound cannot return as a pitcher.
(c) The manager must remove the pitcher when said pitcher reaches the limit for his/her age group as noted below, but the pitcher may remain in the game at another position.
||85 pitches per day
||75 pitches per day
||50 pitches per day
Exception: If a pitcher reaches the limit imposed in Regulation VI (c) for his/her league age while facing a batter, the pitcher may continue to pitch until any one of following conditions occurs:
- That batter reaches base.
- That batter is put out.
- The third out is made to complete the half – inning.
- 5th run scores to complete the half - inning.
Note 1: A pitcher who delivers 41 or more pitches in a game cannot play the position of catcher for the remainder of that day.
(d) Pitchers league age 12 and under must adhere to the following rest requirements:
If a player pitches 66 or more pitches in a day, 4 calendar days of rest must be observed.
If a player pitches 51-65 pitches in a day, 3 calendar days of rest must be observed.
If a player pitches 36-50 pitches in a day, 2 calendar days of rest must be observed.
If a player pitches 21-35 pitches in a day, 1 calendar days of rest must be observed.
If a player pitches 1-20 pitches in a day, no (0) calendar day of rest is required.
Exception: If a pitcher reaches a day(s) of rest threshold while facing a batter, the pitcher may continue to pitch until any one of the following conditions occurs:
- That batter reaches base;
- That batter is retired;
- The third out is made to complete the half-inning;
- 5th run scores to complete the half-inning.
The pitcher will only be required to observe the calendar day(s) of rest for the threshold he/she reached during that at-bat, provided that pitcher is removed before delivering a pitch to another batter.â€‹
ULLL Local Rules for AAA Division:
- Each team will be limited to 5 runs per inning or 3 outs whichever occurs first.
- There is a continuous batting order.
- If a player is late for the start of the game, s/he will be added to the bottom of the batting order.
- No player may sit out defensively more than one (1) inning at a time.
- No new inning may start after two (2) hours from the scheduled starting time of the game.